Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays

I just made one of my favorite mixtures of food tonight! Thanks to my cousin Caiti for giving me a rice cooker, I now don't have to eat crunchy rice! Yes, that's right...I'm really not that picky and I would eat crunchy rice. Who knows if anyone else will like this recipe, it's so simple you can modify it to fit your tastes. I have no clue what the carbs, protein and fat content in this is. If anyone wants to do the math let me know.


 
You can stuff your red pepper with as much or as little of the following.....
 
-Cut red bell pepper in half or core it
(I left mine raw but you can cook yours if you want)
-precooked brown rice
-precooked lentils(which were cooked in water and vegetable broth)
-Salsa(I used Organic Salsa de Casa)
 
Yup....that's it. I absolutely loved this! It was super easy to make! Try it and/or modify it if its too boring!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. lol.I think you would love this! Do you have a rice cooker? If not, it is a MUST!

      Delete
  2. This recipe sounds really good and healthy, I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete