Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yummy Kale

You might say I have a slight obsession to Kale. I juice it, eat it raw, bake it or saute it. I could eat it 24/7. Kale is packed with calcium, beta keratin, Vit C, Vit K and tons more. Also for a vegetable it has a higher content of protein than other vegetable's. 

I have modified this recipe so many times I can't really remember the exact contents when it first came into my life.  I will share my favorite way of making it. It's super duper easy. The great thing about this recipe is that by breaking down the Kale with your fingers, lemon, olive oil, etc it makes the taste of the Kale so much better. A lot of people are scared by Kale, it is not scary at all.  I promise you will become addicted to this after trying this recipe. Let me know what you think! 

What you need:

Dinosaur Kale(aka Lacinato Kale)
Fresh Lemon Juice
Red Bell Pepper
Handful of Currants
Handful of Sunflower Seeds
Handful of Flax Seeds
Lil Salt and Pepper
2ish tablespoons of Olive Oil

(You can add any other ingredient's you want: chicken, pine nuts, almonds, cucumber, etc)

Directions:

De-stem and cut Kale leaves into bit size pieces. Take your hands and rub lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper into the leaves.  Do this for 2-3 minutes.  You will start noticing the tough Kale break down and get a softer texture. Then add all the other ingredient's. Enjoy.


Good luck cooking!

p.s.-I promise I will get better with my "measurments"

 

3 comments:

  1. Looks really good, will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to start eating more kale because it is so good for you and came across your recipe. Sounds easy enough to make and I like the idea of eating it raw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your recipe and no not to skip on rubbing the kale with your hands for a few minutes it really does blend the ingredients together and gives it a softer texture.

    ReplyDelete