Monday, May 21, 2012

"the one"

Still Single, HUH?

That is a question I get asked all the time. I mean All. The. Time. Yes I know folks, I am 27 years old and single. I'm okay with that, are you? I have a whole list of reasons why I choose to remain single, but the main reason is I have not found "the one." I absolutely do not want to waste my time just dating anyone or "settling." If I settled I would have been married, had 3 kids and one on the way. Life would be "okay" but not amazing or healthy. My life is a little chaotic being an owner of my own business, being a responsible dog owner, volunteering, etc. Life leaves me little time to go "searching" for men. I still think I will meet "the one" when I'm out and about doing my normal daily routine. I sure hope that will work or else I will be screwed in 20 years. The second question people ask me is why don't you do online dating or go out to bars since a lot of men hang out there? I have one answer, it's not me. Online dating has worked for so many people I know, that is fantastic for them. I'm still old fashioned in that I want that 1st impression when you see someone and there's an instant connection and massive butterflies happen. I'm not sure I could get that looking at peoples profiles online. But who knows, I might have to try it out. The other place to meet people, bars, is just not me either. If you know me I rarely drink alcohol, so me going to a bar and trying to spark something with someone if I'm intoxicated or they are doesn't seem like a realistic situation. I know that not everyone goes to bars to drink, but it seems like it. Hey don't get me wrong I enjoy going to bars for casual nights with friends or playing pool without getting hammered. Drinking in excess is a major deal breaker for me. I could care less if "the one" drinks but I have had my share of boyfriends that drink and party way to much, so maybe I'm slightly biased in this subject. I got my drinking out of my system when I was in my early 20's and would want "the one" to have done the same. So many people drown their sorrows and issues with alcohol and want to forget their lives. I want someone that wants to embrace life and not get so drunk they are falling down stairs and peeing on themselves every single weekend. I have also tried blind dates, some have been horrific, some have lead to good relationships, but not "the one." I think with all the relationships I have had I know what I want, what I will compromise on and what I for sure do not want. Some other things that I am looking for in "the one" are a passion for life and always making ways to improve the world, respect for themselves and others(this seems so easy but so many people have issues with this), someone that crazily loves animals as much as I do, easy going, is able to "just be" and not be on the move all the time. Also to have the capability to be a great father, whether that is with our bio kids, adopted kids or a pack of kangaroos. There are so many more things on "my list" if you would call it that, but to some it up I just want a good, wholesome guy that I could love for a lifetime. So hopefully I will find "the one" at the farmers market, coffee house or while I'm volunteering, if I don't then I might have to try something else. But I have full faith in God that "the one" is out there for me, when I am ready. That is why I am okay with being single.

Where have you found your "one"?

3 comments:

  1. OMG ok fourth times a charm. Again, i would date the sh*t out of you because I think you rule!!! Maybe my other 3 comments will show up one day because the first one was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So odd it's having so many issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good you know what you want and your not settling.

    ReplyDelete