Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer are you here yet?

Oregon has felt like summer the last couple of weeks with the exception of this week. The warm weather has got me thinking of what I want to do this summer. I started a list, it's in no order. Check it out...

  • Crater Lake-If you know me well, I have had this on my list for about 8 years. One of these summers it will happen. I hope it will be this summer.
  • Painted Hills-Located in Wheeler County, OR. Floodplain deposits made the rocks many different colors. I would love to bring the dogs here and walk the trails.

  •  Oregon Gardens-Apparently this place has amazing gardens ranging from a pet themed garden to a water garden. It's an easy drive to Silverton, so perfect for a day trip! Dogs are allowed on leashes!
  • Lavender Daze-This festival is July 21st-22nd in Hood River, OR. I have heard it is the Mecca of all things lavender. They have lavender plants, body potions, edible butter, teas, etc. Sounds pretty amazing to me, since I have a slight addiction to anything lavender.
More info click here

  •  Beach trips- It is one of the most peaceful places for me to be. I love watching the dogs zoom by me at the beach without a care in the world. I plan on checking out some new beaches this summer!
  • Coeur d'alene, ID-This has been on my list of places to go for awhile. For some reason I have a super strong desire to move to Idaho. I have never even been there! Something draws me in, not sure why? So its about time I figure it out!
  • Campfires-I have always loved campfires! I hope to sit by the fire as much as possible this summer and make smores.
Coco in her sleeping bag next to a campfire

I'm sure my list will keep growing as summer becomes closer. What are your summer plans?


4 comments:

  1. These sound like amazing places to visit. I love how Coco is all snuggled in her sleeping bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might need to take her sleeping bag to your fire pit soon.

      Delete
  2. I want to go to the painted hills! I was thinking in a few weeks of going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! you will have to let me know how it is! Are you going for a day trip?

    ReplyDelete