Friday, May 25, 2012

Pits and Peaks

I have always loved the idea of families sharing their pits and peaks of the day.  So I have decided to do the pits and peaks of my week as a new Friday tradition.


Pits

-Rogue, my veggie loving Golden Retriever decided he was going to have some fun with my newly planted lemon cucumber plants.  Did I mention the plants were surrounded by fresh chicken manure amendment?  Oh yes you could smell him a mile away.
-Gas prices are going up and of course I was too lazy busy to go get gas this week.
-The rain came back for most of the week. I had gotten used to the 75+ stretch we had.
-My insomnia was horrible the beginning of this week.  It's so hard to function with little amount of sleep.  Thank goodness for strong coffee.
-People working in jobs they do not like. Even if you try and hide it, it still shows.  (I'm glad I love my job).


Peaks

-This week is packed with dinner dates.  This is a much needed thing for me to be able to catch up on my friends lives, not to mention the little 2 year old that melts my heart.
-As of today it has been 5 days since my last latte.  I have become obsessed with black coffee, splash of coconut milk and cinnamon.  Who would have thought it would be my new fav?
-I love watching how sweet my dogs are to Remi the kitten.  Remi has no fears and wrestles and sleeps on them.  Who would have thought two hunting breeds would snuggle up to a teeny tiny Remi?
-Finding new trails in the woods behind my house.
-Dried pineapple slices. D.E.L.I.S.H.

What are your Pits and Peaks of the week?


8 comments:

  1. Tear! Thank you! Too many pits to talk about. I'll save it for my blog. Peak-Owen stepping on the hose nozzle and shooting water straight up into his crotch (terrible word, sorry) and his face. The expression and shock on his face was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pits was when I slipped on the stairs. Need to remind myself to slow down and not be in such a hurry and not to wear socks. The peak would be I didn't break anything and got to relax and do some reading while I recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooowen...miss you ladies! Pit-Sidney's ear drama!.....Peak-complete freedom:)

    ReplyDelete