Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waging Wednesday

I have seen and heard tons of horror stories about people abusing, neglecting and not respecting their animals. Being in the dog rescue world I have seen it all.  Their are way more wonderful stories then horrible ones, so I try and focus on that. But when you see first hand what a human being can do to another living creature it makes you ill. I usually go through the typical emotions, which I now know will happen with every neglected dog I meet. You get angry, sad, frustrated, then sad again, feel ill(like you're going to vomit) and then happy when they find a better home with somebody that loves and respects them.  When you have helped make a neglected dogs life better you can tell in their eyes that they are forever grateful and that look will melt your heart and stay with you forever.  If you have witnessed this, isn't it amazing? You can't save them all, this is what I have found out. Some dogs will always have issues and some human beings will always have issues abusing animals.


I spent the day at Oregon Dog Rescue  on Monday sorting through donated items getting ready for a huge fundraising rummage sale. As I was sorting and playing with a homeless dog through the window, the same thought kept coming to mind. How lucky and thankful I am to have been raised in a home where you treat animals like part of the family. Animals can be such blessings to us, as well as us to them.  Everyday I am so grateful to have my crazy zoo with me and give them the love that every living creature deserves.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa I am so thankful there are people like you out there helping these poor abused animals find loving homes.
    Can you give me more details on the upcoming rummage sale?

    ReplyDelete