Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm Turning Green!

Yes....I am one of those people that are insanely obsessed with veggies. I prefer veggies over meat any day. One of the easiest ways for me to get my veggies in is by juicing. I borrowed my Mom's juicer about 3+ years ago and have been juicing ever since. You can juice any veggie or fruit and modify recipes to your taste. Don't bother buying juice from the store....it has no nutritional value! It's a joke! After about 30 minutes of making fresh juice, it starts to break down and loose its nutritional value. Over 8 hours it hardly has any beneficial properties to it. Imagine how long that packaged juice has been sitting on the store shelves? Not to mention how long it took to make the juice, package the juice, transport the juice to the store, etc. So try and consume your home brewed juice immediately! If you want to save it for a snack or lunch during the day, put it in an air tight glass jar(mason jar) and consume within 8 hours.

I use Jack La Lanne's Power Juice and one day would love to get a Breville Juicer. Below is one of my favorite juicing recipes...


-6 leaves of Dino Kale(aka Lacinato kale)
-1 Cucumber
-3 Stalks Celery
-3 Big Collard Green Leaves
-3 carrots OR Apple OR Pear (Depending on how sweet you want it)
-Lemon to taste
-1 inch section of Ginger

Place each item in juicer! If you do not want any froth or the smallest bit of pulp, strain it with a mesh strain tool. Drink! Beware of the green mustache that will appear if you don't drink it with a straw. Preferable a metal straw(plastic boo!)





Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment